Friday, July 4, 2008

What to do...

So yesterday was my last day of work until January 5, 2009. Yes, taking some time off to be with the baby. So what do I do now? Everyone at work was asking me if I was "ready" for the baby to come. Honestly, I'm not- in so many ways! No, the nursery is not ready- it is painted but we still need to buy most of the furniture, wash all her clothes, set-up the bassinet, get things organized and write 60+ thank you cards. And then there is this little matter of labor. Let's just say, I'm a LITTLE scared. BUT I'm trying to learn a technique called HypnoBirthing to help me get through it. I know woman do this everyday, but let's face it, we are talking about me! Wish me luck!
BTW- Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

haley said...

you'll know your are truly ready when you don't care if they have to cut you from you toes to your nose... cause you just want the dang kid out!!!! good luck!

Jen said...

I am seriously so excited for you! Girls are so much fun! Do you have a name yet? I am all about the epidural-but I am pretty partial seeing that that is what my husband does for a living! :) You will do great. It is truly an amazing, miraculous thing most women get to experience! Good Luck!
Jen

Katharine Graves said...

You're very wise to do HypnoBirthing. It's the only thing that really makes a difference. The book and CD are good, but it's best to find a HypnoBirthing teacher near you and go to the classes.

Have a wonderful baby.

Katharine

Katharine Graves is a HypnoBirthing teacher in London

Marcelina Moreno said...

I am so glad to finally see a picture of you and Joe!!! I am sad because I will be in NYC July 16-20 and DC 20-24 and I know I won't get to see you. So close yet so far away! Wahhh wahhh I wanna see you both. oh well I guess I will just have to come again and see that beautiful baby.

Nicole said...

I did 6 hours w nothing and pitocin (sp?) then after only 1 cent dialation and all that pain I was all about the epidural!!!best thing I ever did!!! I just breathed through everything else...the good thing-I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!!