Monday, June 23, 2008

OMGOSH!

Ok, so I created this blog in January and didn't really "launch" it, so I didn't think people knew it existed. Well, much to my dismay, it was found. I was heckled last week for not posting in so long.


So here is the latest- pregnancy has been- let's say- eventful for me. We are having a girl! So excited, everything is so pink! My favorite color- perfect for me. Not that I wouldn't have loved a little boy just as much. I have developed gestational diabetes. I have to test my blood sugars 4 times a day and watch every carb- good and bad- I eat. If I want a "bad" carb like a cookie, I need to exercise right after to manage to glucose. If my hormones change and I can't manage the glucose, then I will have to take insulin injections. And we all know just how happy that will make me! So, I take in the minimal amount of carbs that I can- I also have to test to make sure I get enough carbs- so don't worry- I get carbs- mostly good ones. With the gestational diabetes, I am now high-risk and have to see a doctor, not a mid-wife. And GD, makes them want to induce labor early. SO- new due date- induction begins on Aug. 4- she should arrive Aug. 5. I have also been having sciatica pain and a pinched nerve since February.


Overall, pregnancy has been ok to me, everything could be worse. I could be on bed rest- I'm glad I'm not- I might go crazy. I'm doing well, I'm trying to embrace every step. I have to say my favorite part is feeling her move. At times it is a little shocking because the movements can be so dramatic. But it is amazing!



My last day of work will be July 2 or 3.


We have been preparing for the babies arrival- it is very exciting. I am overwhelmed at how generous everyone has been. My mother-in-law threw a shower, great friends threw shower and my co-workers through a shower. So there is very little left for us to get. We now just have to put it all together and get the nursery ready. It is so much fun!

I have to figure out how to post pictures. This is all very new to me. I have picture of the 30 week ultrasound and pictures I have taken along the way of my ever growing tummy!

2 comments:

haley said...

after commenting on your first entry and you never updating it i thought the worst!!! i'm so glad pregnancy is making you so happy (at least it sounds like it is). and girls are sooooo much more fun to spoil than boys (i know, i have one of each- love them both but my little girl is just so much more fun to shop for!) glad to hear all is well. good luck with delivery and don't listen to all the horror stories/heavenly experiences you hear (you'll have your own to tell soon enough!!!)

Anonymous said...

Actually, Rachael's mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law gave her the shower!