Friday, May 20, 2011

My bathroom makeover

We bought a small cape sytle house about 4 years ago and we have made somekind of improvement to every room in the house. We did paint the downstairs bathroom to cover a the red sponge painted walls, however, I got this overwhelming urge to do more in April.



I can add the following to my list of things I have done, but would not necessarily like to do again :)




  • painted wall tiles

  • painted shower tiles and tube with epoxy acrylic paint

  • cut and laid floor tile

  • sewed a new shower curtain (my second one) and window covering

It was worth all the hardwork and exposure to toxic chemicals LOL! AND it was very budget friendly since I did all the work myself AND didn't gut it.


It is not a "professional" job and I still have a few touch-up to do but this is a complete transformation! I LOVE it! It is so fresh and clean.





Before:





AFTER:

I'm not very good at taking pictures along the way. I thought to take the 'before' pic after getting everything all taped, the walls painted and realizing that the old house pics are on the back-up disks from when my laptop crashed. You can see the old gray and red tile in the shower. The floor was a red bowling alley marble. So Awesome! I hated to see it go.....

1 comment:

CYD said...

you go girl! looks awesome!!!